Which Commercial Ice Machine Is Best For You?

Don’t forget to like “The Restaurant Source” on Facebook (click the “F” at the top left corner of this page) to receive 5% off your total purchase!

 Now that summer is almost here, it is extremely important to make sure that your ice machine(s) is in perfect working condition.  I don’t know about you, but I don’t like when you order a drink at a restaurant and they bring it without any ice, causing it to be room temperature or luke warm at best.

Restaurant Source offers a variety of ice machine sizes and brands.  It’s up to you to decide which model/brand works best for you, but regardless of which one you choose, I highly recommend that you invest in an efficient ice machine.  Free shipping is also provided with whichever model you choose.

Now, there are a lot of different Ice Machines out there so how do you decide which is best for you?  Two things you should consider are the shape of the ice as well as how much ice the machine can produce and whether it will meet your establishment needs.  80% of restaurants invest in Cuber Ice Machines while the other 20% go with something else.  You also need to take into account the amount of money that you will save on your energy bill if you choose a more energy efficient machine.

Below are my three favorite cuber ice machines (in no particular order) so you can narrow it down from this list and decide which is best for you.  For the full product descriptions, you can click on the model names below.

 

Ice-O-Matic Cuber Machines

Manitowoc Cuber Ice Machines

Scotsman Cuber Ice Machines

 

The Ice-O-Matic Cuber Machines have a built-in antimicrobial protection for the life of the ice maker which inhibits bacteria growth on the ice surfaces. The Harvest Assist produces consistent ice production for the entire life of the ice maker, therefore reducing energy consumption and causing your energy bill to decrease.  Machine sizes range from 334 lbs of ice production per day to 1,832 lbs of ice production per day. 

Ice-O-Matic Cuber Ice Machines

The Manitowoc Cuber Ice Machines have soft round cove corners which help prevent employee injuries.  There is a removable water distribution tube that does not require tools to take apart.  Select components are made with AlphaSan antimicrobial material.  These machines have a narrow footprint and are often ideal for hotel ice makers or combined in a beverage dispensing application.  Machines range in ice production size of 325 lbs per day to 1,880 lbs per day. 

Manitowoc

The Scotsman Cuber Ice Machines are self monitoring which enables them to alert staff when it is time for maintenance before it is too late.  This is the most energy efficient machine because it uses significantly less water then any other machine.  These ice machines range in capacity from 350 lbs of ice production per day to 1,909 lbs of ice production per day.

Scotsman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s